My Interactive Easter Word Search puzzle was such a fun activity, I wanted to create more interactive content.
Today, as we’re about to ring in the new school year, I have an Interactive Back-to-School Word Search with ten school-related words to find in the grid.
It’s a perfect resource for the beginning of the year and a great activity for kids in elementary school classrooms, early finishers, or just as an easy activity at home.
My son is starting third grade this year and still loves these simple word searches 🙂
Increase the challenge by checking your time as shown at the bottom of the word search puzzle and try to beat it on your next try.
You can create a fresh grid when you’re done by clicking the retry button. If you want to start over before you finish, click “Check”, then “Retry”.
The words in the grid include common school activities, school subjects, and other school-related words:
How to Play the Interactive School Word Search Puzzle
- Pick a word from the word bank and look for it in the grid.
- Alternatively, look at the grid to see which hidden word(s) you can find.
- Once you’ve found a word, click on the first letter, drag over the rest of the letters, and let go over the last letter of the word.
- Continue until you’ve highlit all of the words.
- As you mark words, the corresponding entry in the word list is checked off automatically.
- Once you’ve found all ten words, your score is shown at the bottom of the grid..
- Can’t find a word? You can find the solution at any time by clicking the check button.
- After clicking the check button, you can click retry to generate a new grid.
Play the free word search puzzle now!
Please use this version on mobile!
Want more back-to-school-themed worksheets and activities? Here you go!
Back to School Coloring Pages: Great for the first day of school or any time and just for fun, with some extra school-themed words thrown in for reading, tracing, or as environmental print.
Maisy Goes to Preschool: Back to Preschool Printable Pack: A cute little printable pack that focuses on the excitement of starting preschool. It aligns with the book Maisy Goes to Preschool but it’s not necessary to know the book to use the printable activities.
Digital LEGO Back to School Build and Count Challenge: 10 fun challenges for building school-related pictures with digital building bricks in Google Slides. Build a school, pencils, a book bag, and more!
Subscribe to my newsletter and receive emails with activity and teaching ideas, printables, news from our house, and occasional special offers!
If you prefer updates whenever I post something new, you have the option of subscribing to my RSS feed or my printables RSS feed on the same page. If you ever want to stop receiving emails from me, you can, of course, unsubscribe at any time.
Join me in my Facebook group where we discuss simple play ideas for young kids every day!