I finally have an addition resource to offer you for after your kids have “graduated” from my Hello Sunshine! Counting Printable Pack: This Ocean Creatures Addition Printable Ebook focuses on addition within 5 with 10 simple printable activities on 57 pages! Two of the activities work on decomposing given numbers in different ways.
They make great math centers for kindergarten, are perfect for homeschooling, and come in handy if you want to add a little extra hands-on learning after school.
What’s in the Printable Ebook?
The ebook has 57 pages featuring 10 different activities for Kindergarten addition within 5 using numbers, dice faces, and tally marks.
It includes a clickable table of content as well as clickable links back to the table of content from each activity so you can minimize scrolling if you know where you want to go.
The four no-prep activities are marked with *** in the table of content.
As usual, there’s a list of materials you’ll need if you want to prepare all of the activities on the same page as the table of content, plus a list of materials for each individual activity on the activity title pages.
I’ve included the following addition activities:
- (5) Addition Play Dough Mats. They include an addition fact, two different types of ocean creatures each as counters, number outlines, and matching ten frames.
- (12) Addition Clip Cards.
- (1) Addition I Spy Game.
- (36) 3-Piece Addition Puzzles. There are (12) number puzzles, (12) dice puzzles, (10) tally marks puzzles, and (2) blank puzzles for you (or your kids) to fill in.
- (6) 5-Piece Addition Line-Up Puzzles. (2) puzzles each use numbers, dice, and tally marks.
- (12) Cut and Paste Addition Problems. After they’ve done the addition problems I’ve provided, your kids can make their own on an extra page with extra numbers!
- (1) Addition Memory Game.
- (3) Color by Sum Coloring Pages. The images are the same in all three variations, but you can choose between 5 color words written in black, 5 color words written in matching colors or no color words so you can pick your own colors.
- (5) Addition Roll and Cover Games, using numbers, dice, and tally marks. Here, students need to decompose the number they rolled with one die in different ways to find an addition problem to match.
- Ocean Creatures Addition Mazes. Follow the maze by decomposing a given number in different ways.